SWI embroidery gift to museum

Museum chairman John Lauder accepts the gift from the last president Elma Stevenson as the ladies of Corrie and Sannox SWI and museum manager Tom Macleod look on.

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Arran Banner – subscribe today for as little as 48 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?

 

Problems logging in and require
technical support? Click here
Subscribe Now

The ladies of Corrie and Sannox SWI have got together one last time to make a presentation to the Arran Heritage Museum.

They have donated a table cover to the museum embroidered with the names of every member of the Corrie and Sannox SWI since it was formed in 1924 until it was disbanded last year, which will now be put on display.

The loss leaves just four institutes on the island Lamlash, Kildonan, Kilmory and Shiskine.


  • See photos of the craft day at the museum on page 3.

 

Museum chairman John Lauder accepts the gift from the last president Elma Stevenson as the ladies of Corrie and Sannox SWI and museum manager Tom Macleod look on. 01_B24corrie01