Want to read more?
We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Arran Banner – subscribe today for as little as 48 pence per week.
technical support? Click here
Two thirds of Arran residents, who responded to a single online question, think that restrictions on ferry travel to the island should remain after June 14, ahead of the announcement reported on page one.
In a bid to get a better ‘feel’ of what the residents of Arran would like to see happen, the Isle of Arran Ferry Committee asked them to express their views via an informal poll conducted on Facebook.
They asked: Given the present circumstances, would you be in favour of continuing to restrict non-residents from travelling to/from Arran after the June 14.
Out of 1,300 responses 66 per cent voted to keep the restrictions while 34 per cent said they should be lifted.
Chairman Iain Thomson told the Banner earlier this week that he considered the result ‘very understandable’.
He said: ‘The community deserve to be heard and to let it be known what their view is to help inform our ongoing communications. The ferry committee is engaging in regular communication with CalMac, representatives of the Scottish Government and other island committees/groups regarding the current ferry services and future changes which may transpire as part of the Scottish Government’s route map out of COVID-19 restrictions.’
The ferry committee will now meet on Monday to discuss the latest developments.